Homemade chili is perfect after a workout because it’s warming, filling, spicy, and loaded with plenty of yummy carbs and protein.
- 1-kilogram ground beef
- 1 large diced onion
- 1 large diced green pepper
- Four 425 grams cans of whole tomatoes
- One 425 grams can of tomato sauce
- Three 425 grams cans of beans, drained and rinsed (Use dark and light red kidney beans or any preferred combination)
- One 425 grams can of corn, drained
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the beef with the onion and green pepper over medium heat. Add salt to the meat and veggies.
- Once the meat and veggies are cooked, add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes. Again, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle some into a bowl, eat and enjoy.
This recipe is very quick and easy to make.
Courtesy Nia Shanks, coach, health and fitness writer, and author of 33 Ways to Break Free from Binge Eating
Image courtesy of tiramisustudio at FreeDigitalPhotos.net